View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #29
bowlesj
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18569
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlockers View Post
This is crazy.... we are in a 2017 3820 FK and all was well this AM till noticed our Norcold Frig wasn't on. No error codes, the power & gas/electric switches did not work, 115 VAC is good, 12 VDC (@13+) is there under the cover, the temp select switch "did" work..... about to call for help but did a MOC search 1st and lo and behold read LeLamb1 #21 post above. I had turned on the fan above our table earlier in the AM. Turned the fan off and Shazam frig works. What the????? Before I figured out the fan power is my problem I was reading about the magnet trick, but it's not clear to me what problem the magnet fixes? What EC, problem does the magnet trick fix?
I think the over temp fault that turns on the exterior red led and is reset with a magnet is LI oP. Doesn't matter the fault, look for the red led in this case, usually caused by water in the fridge bay.

The low voltage fault that the vent fan sets is typically Lo Dc but may be a full shutdown on the fridge as well. For this fault the fridge needs to be on its own circuit. Typically, rewiring the fridge back to the power panel, etc, etc, is not required. Leave the fridge as is and cut out any spliced in circuits, ie fans, shades, whatever, and run them to another 12v source. Just about any utility light circuit is a good option.

This problem is unique to the 3820FK. See this post for more information/confusion

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...t=76168&page=2

John - 2016 3820FK
bowlesj is offline   Reply With Quote