Thread: WIFI
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 03:48 AM   #22
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Glen,

I HATE BATTERIES! But, I will say, that the newer ones seem to be a bit better than the older ones. Example: prior cell phone, battery lasted about a year, and from then on it was discharging fast and we kept it connected to the charger and inverter while traveling. A pain in the, you know. HAHA

Got a new phone November 2003. Oooo, wow! This one is still acting like it is brand new. Don't treat it any different, it just holds the charge much better.

I am hoping that will be the story on the new laptop VS the old laptop. That the battery lasts a LOT longer. Battery on old laptop barely made 6 months.

We have an inverter purchased for old laptop, plugs into cig lighter in truck, barely ran it. He thinks that that inverter will not run the new laptop. Means purchasing a new inverter, and he thinks it will need to be wired directly to the truck battery. So far, he is not jumping hoops to do this, so I am praying that the battery on the new laptop stays good for a long time. However, that said, I can get a newone, purchased the extended warranty, which allows me a new battery once a year if I need it! Laptop is about the only thing we own with extended warranty. Had one on the prior laptop, sure glad we did, that thing had more frequent flyer miles than Al and I do!

So, I guess I need to drive near a Starbucks and see if I can get online!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote