View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well $1700 later I now have a new set of Michelin LTX M/S on the truck. I was also able to find a Ram dealership in the area that was able to do an alignment on the truck. The alignment was out (tech claimed it was just past what would be considered within spec). So now the alignment is done, new tires are on truck, and truck still shakes horribly. Back to dealership I went. Now the shop is ordering a new drive shaft, hanger bearing, and rear pinion seals as the vibration is caused by the drive shaft being out of balance. FUNNY PART or SAD PART - the exact same thing happened to my 2011 Ram 3500HD Single Rear Wheel last fall. All the drive line issues I had with my 2011 SRW was half the reason I dumped the it and went with the 2012 DRW. Seems to me that Ram has a design flaw on the 2011 and 2012 Ram 3500HD's... Naturally Ram's customer service hotline states that they will not refund the $1700 I paid for new tires at 19,550 miles as "alignment" is the owners responsibility and irregular tire wear caused by improper maintenance of alignment is also the owners problem. They claimed this even after I provided 4 receipts from different Ram dealers stating that there was nothing that could be to correct the problem. I guess I will find out in the next three to four months if the alignment fixes the problem or not as I now have new tires, a current alignment, and as of next week; new drive shaft, hanger bearings and rear pinion seals....
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote