View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I am glad to hear that everyone has had good luck with Michael & Kat's lights. I have heard nothing but praise for them!

Art, to answer your question I first need to admit I am actually kidding(just a little) about all of the gadgets. We do use them all but not necessarily when we are boondocking and not generally all at the same time. We are fairly good at roughing it as a family but when Mama wants her technology, Mama WANTS her technology!

Luckily my husband is an Electrical Engineer and knows more about watts, amps, etc than I care to know. So in addition to the LEDs he has figured out that an inverter of around 2000watts (may get the 2800 just because 'bigger is better' and it is only $200 more) will suit our needs. We are adding 4 solar panels, and a total of 4 batteries. We also have 2 Yamaha 2000is that can be run in tandem. As for the Air Con I grew up in Southern California for 34 years without Air Con so I usually can handle not running it. NOT always!

Ultimately, I would like to be able to boondock for up to 14 days with a 'just add water' policy. We may also have to make an occasional dump run. Since we use less than 5 gallons of water per day as a family (including dish washing) and with a 'pee in the woods' kind of attitude we can go far!...Just kidding on the woods thing
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote