View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #36
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

About those skinny arms and hands comments for accessing tight spots. I am the delegate in that department when it comes to working with my big BILs and brothers! HOWEVER, it does NOT prevent the scrapes and cuts as I argue against helping them out means just because my hands fit it doesn't do any good if there is NO room for movement and tools. So I now tell them to use their hands and arms for fitment and if theirs don't fit, mine won't either.

So sorry Steve (Riegel), but even I take things apart to provide plenty of room. It beats washing your hands and arms afterwards and then discovering the pain of all the new nicks and cuts as you try to scrape things clean. No matter how much we keep our vehicles and engines clean, it seems dirt and grime will collect exactly where you want to perform maintenance.
I need to go back and see what I said that elicited this response, Art! I take mine to the dealer because it requires removing the wheel well pan. If it were on top of the engine like the newer ones, then I'd do it myself. You're right about grime always being where you will get it on you, though. By the way, it's Reigle, not Riegel.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote