View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #38
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I don't know why it is that most dealer service departments treat owners as if we are all just plain stupid. The dealer where I purchased my monty has mine in their shop for warranty. When I showed him the bulge in the closet and cracked panel he said, "oh that is easy to fix we just need to replace the paneling and make sure there is room for a little movement in the closet".

Some folks don't have this problem because there is sufficient room at that point for the expansion to take place without cracking or bulging the panel. Only after I had said that I was well aware of the issue with flex in the upper deck was he willing to admit that this was indeed the case with all units.

At my insistence they will be taking measurements as prescribed by Lippert to determine if my unit has flex "HELLO, really". At the same time I informed the service manager that I expected a copy of their measurement results, and that I wanted to know what Keystone consider is normal and allowable. The service manager has no idea that I have already made these measurements and will be comparing their results with my own.

As has been stated by others on this forum, these frames flex, there is no way around that with the design they employ.

I am also of the opinion that putting a heavier panel in the closet is not the solution, and will most likely move the problem to a different area of those cabinets in the nose. I made that opinion known in very plain English to the service manager as well.

My 20k Reese hitch tilts fore and aft as well as side to side, not many out there today that don't.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote