Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #29
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irlpguy

Arcateq wrote:
Quote:
quote:We had flexing problems with our 2010 that Keystone JUST fixed last month, BUT the only thing they did was the veneer divider in the front closet. It was replaced with 1/2" material instead of the veneer again. They said that fixed the problem. Just seems to me there was/is more of a problem and a vener wall not "built right"
I am very new to these forums but have gathered a great deal of information and knowledge, thanks to everyone for that.

Having read the thread on Frame Flex I decided to check my 2012 today, I hooked up to the unit and went into the closet to check the paneling where there was a crack on the wall between the closet and the doors on the right side. As I lowered the fifth onto the hitch the paneling bulged and the crack became more pronounced. There does not appear to be this issue on the left side of the closet. The “flex” issue cannot be addressed by putting heavier wood in this location. Perhaps during assembly, flex wasn’t taken into account and this piece of paneling is simply a poor fit.

My unit goes to the dealer on the 16th of this month for other warranty work, this issue will be added to the ever growing list of concerns. I will not accept that the problem has been solved with the simple replacement of this piece of paneling. I want to know what is going on and how much frame flex is acceptable.
Tomorrow I intend to do the measurement as described in the Lippert “Upper Deck Flex Measurement Instructions”.

Prior to reading these forums “I was blissfully ignorant of these problems”…
Where did you get the measurement instructions? I have looked at Lippert's web site and haven't found it.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote