View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #14
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Rohrman - will this setting work ?
If you set the bedroom unit to run the fan only - on low for example - then set the living room unit to run the furnace (with any fan setting - low, high, or auto)...will this circulate the heated air as you describe? How much outside air will the bedroom unit bring in and mix into the circulation? Outside air = COLD air right?

For what it’s worth, we were in Houston last week when a cold front came through and dropped nighttime temps to 30*. I tried the heat pump for the first time and it worked to my surprise. First night I set it to 67* and had to get up and turn it down to 60* because it got stuffy, but we like to sleep cold. Bottom line - heat pump kept us comfortable. I have read that it does not work well in colder temps.
Not sure about using the bedroom A/C for this, but if the main A/C unit fan is not on AUTO when the thermostat is set for heat, usually the A/C fan will run but not the compressor. This should circulate the heated air in the rig through the A/C ducting to balance out the hot and cool areas. You should be able to select any fan speed that works except for the Auto mode.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote