View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
FloridaFlockers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20649
Water Heater Won't Work on Electric

Hope I am allowed 2 questions in the same day. Back in Dec took our 2017 3820FK to Charleston AFB to try it out. Wanted to give it a check out before we head out FT for a bit. One of the problems we discovered was the water heater would not heat on electric, worked fine on gas. Checked the switch under the outside cover, it was on. Cycled it and no help. So off to CW, 3 weeks later they say the heating element is bad and they needed approval from Keystone to replace it. 3 more weeks and it's back to us. Now we are checking it out again to see if everything works. Nope, the heater still does not work on electric, gas is good to go. Checked the anode and between both terminals and ground I have 115 VAC. Turned the switch and CB to off, removed one of the leads and ohm'd it out. Read about 13-14 ohms across the terminals. Would like to know what a good element reads? And that it really matters but what will a new one set me back? Depending on the replies I may just buy a new one and swap it out myself vs enduring another CW experience. Thanks Joe
FloridaFlockers is offline   Reply With Quote