View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Front corner seperation

Just got back from our first (of many to come) RV vacations. Of course, my work car was dead when I went to start it yesterday am and went to get the jump station out of the front compartment of the 5vr. As I got close, something made me look at the right front corner of the trailer under the propane tank. There was a gap about two inches and I could stick my fingers up through the gap. I checked the other side and it was fine. I was going to include a pic, but forgot (at work now). It appeared at first that the belly sheet separated from the front right corner. This is the area below the propane tank and next to the opening for the right front jack (passenger side).

I called my RV dealer and he assured me it was not a structural problem, but needed to look at it. I agreed. I got home last night and took a closer look. Nothing appears to be actually torn or pulled apart. It almost appears they came up short on the belly pan, tacked it in as best they could and left it. It does not appear to be a problem or allow moisture to wood etc. Anyone else have this problem or have any advice?

Thanks

Steve
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote