Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by washley1

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Come on Jim, Texas is still the best there is.

You don't have to go as far South to enjoy Texas, try along the Bay Area Gulf Coast.
Must agree. While there have been lots of fires, our part of the state remains beautiful. Only other place I would consider would be FL, way down the peninsula....but DW just hired a lady from FL, and she doesn't have much good to say about the folks there.
Wow, I am gonna take exception to THAT "lady's" opinion! There are some folks everywhere who are not nice to be around, and we do get our share from all over, but you can't judge the majority on the merits, or lack there of, of the minority! I have lived in Florida for most of my 62 years. My mother's side of the family came here in the early 1800's, so I can tell you I know Florida pretty darn well. It IS way too hot in the summer but winters are great, compared to the rest of the eastern seaboard. We do get some freezes here in central and the northern portions of the state from time to time, not so much in the extreme south. But by and large snow birds have been flocking here for decades for the mild winters. There is a lot to see and do, and a lot of just do nothing available if that's what floats your boat. Come on down and try it yourselves!
Been there many times. We used to vacation in the Navarre or Destin area every summer. Of course that was many years ago. Went back in summer of 2007....seems hard to find a native Floridian there now. Of course, that seems to be happening here too. Would love to spend a winter down that way, but we're stuck here for a few years.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote