View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #2
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
no confidence

Followed you from the beginning. My unit has done the same thing .2 trips to 2 different Cw and both let my unit sit for months and lied to me about it being worked on, went by the first Cw and it had not moved so I hooked up told them F off and left. Second did the same thing lied and finally went and got it cause the service manager said you can not fix a vacuum bonded wall so that`s all I needed and hooked up and left with my finger in the air. Keystone was following my problems but in the end didn`t offer any support other than telling me the Dealer must call and tell them it needs to go back to the factory for repairs before they will do anything about it. And that was it for me. Called a welder and 3 days of off and on of my work some extra hands for the cap removal rent 3 bucks of scaffolding and 3 hours and 400 dollars for the welder and I fixed it my self. You do not have to take the slide out either you take the dresser out then push the slide in after removing the outside trim easy peasy. So far so good with me.
I suggest you do the same. There are many many people on the different Facebook sites that have the same issue and have had them fixed with varying degrees of success. I`m done with Keystone and their Dealers. I had a plastic water fitting blow out and now I`m replacing all fittings with brass or shark bite fittings cause I can`t trust the plastic ones any more. Their are 2 other people that this has happen to on other Keystone forums so that`s enough for me to replace them all.The Montana Rep i talked to at the Hershey show said they are doing something else with studs now so it won`t do that on the new units. Not sure I believe him and really don`t care and told him I saw nothing in the new ones that would make me buy a new unit. He admitted sales are down but still can`t get all the units made already delivered because of the lack of drivers with trucks. I still like my camper and will be keeping it but fixing and paying for all repairs myself and just chalking it up to the true cost of ownership.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote