View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 06:43 PM   #70
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam Worker View Post
Texan how did you get your weight numbers? Did you weigh your truck separately and then your fifth wheel separately and then re-weigh both vehicles together. I have weighed my truck separately and then weighed axle by axle my truck with my 3160 hooked to it. I also weighed side to side to see what kind of difference or how well balance my unit was.

Tom Marty
I weighed my rig at a cat scale at flying-j truck stop 2 miles from the house. I brought my whole rig on the scale and weighed my steering axle,drive axle and trailer axle all at the same time. The total weight was my gross combined weight. I pulled off the scale and dropped my trailer off and reweighed just the truck. The steering axle weighed the same. The drive axle weighed 7,780 pounds with the trailer and 4400 pounds without which gave me 3480 pounds hitch weight. The trailer axles weighed 12,720 pounds and you add this to the hitch weight and you get the total weight of the trailer at 16,200 pounds. I've had my trailer weighed at Mor-Ryde wheel by wheel but cat scales don't have that ability.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote