View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
This is a common problem frequently discussed here. It is the auto reset circuit breaker. If you look in the front compartment in the wiring between the battery and the slide pump, you will see a small metal box with two terminals on it. That is the breaker. Easy to replace.
It is a 50 amp breaker. Some have had success simply replacing it with a new one. But that also sometimes begins to fail again after some time. (a year in my case) Many of us have replaced it with an 80 amp breaker, or two 40 amp breakers in parallel. If you do a search for slide stop or slide stall or similar you should find some discussions about it with pictures.
Edit: I tried a search and could not find any of the discussions with pictures. So,
Here is a picture before my modification. The one on the left is the slide breaker.
Picture 1

Here is a piture after I paralleled two 40 amp breakers.
I got the breakers at NAPA. I bought two short buss bars and some heat shrink tubing at Lowe's.Picture 2

Some have just used wire and lugs to connect the two together. Some others have bought a single 80 amp breaker to replace the single 50 amp. And as I mentioned, some have had success just replacing the old 50 amp with a new 50 amp breaker.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote