View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 AM   #1
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
I stand here amazed!

The story starts off with me wanting to wax the slide sides on the Monty not an overly hard job, however it seems like every time I get started the DW has something else for me to do. So the slides have been open for a couple of weeks (the waxing job is done). I was at Walmart yesterday and I purchased a new Weber charcoal grill for use when camping and after I got home and checked out the new grill I went to put it away in the Monty's basement. While shuffling things around to make room for the grill I kept getting buzzed by a carpenter bee, so I backed off and stood back and watched. The bee crawled into the D shaped weather strip on the bottom of the bedroom slide. So I just crushed it inside the weather strip and then noticed the weather moving at about mid point so I crushed that also. Altogether I got 4 carpenter bees out of the weather strip and promptly checked all the others. I guess the moral of the story is Mother Nature has a weird scents of humor and you must be constantly vigilant about critters getting into your camper.
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote