Thread: Dodge Owners
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #14
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
I have a 2001 and have been serviced well, I have the RE47 Tranny. Initially I put away enough to pay for a tranny upgrade with heavy-duty aftermarket parts. My son is a master mechanic and does all the tranny work for a large dealer in Las Vegas, I discussed this with him and his response was do the required services and spend the money on something you want. Well the money is gone, the tranny services done and 103,200 miles later I'm still pulling a 3400RL (Had another trailer before this) and no problems. I do know that this Cummings will pull anything I want and the driveline is just fine. I do not drive like an idiot when pulling but have known to really get into it if the need is there.

I keep looking at new Dodges but can't realistically justify it, as the current truck is just fine, I guess it's just because I want one, but it's got to be a Dodge.

Before all the Ford and Chevy fans go nuts let me add, I have had Dodges since before they were good vehicles (first one in 1953 first new one in 1956)and have had at least one Dodge in the garage since. We have history.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote