View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #27
azeagleye
Established Member

M.O.C. #22231
Short answer is that's life. I look around the homestead - completely new ac system (2), pool motors, chlorinators, control boards, sprinkler systems, microwaves, atvs, trucks, etc. Now take all that and drag it down highways, up and down hills, and across each state's worst roads (every state has some rotten road), and surprisingly most rvs hold up pretty well - I know there are lots of exceptions with some of the horror stories. Good self defense as mentioned countless times is some handiness with tools and an understanding of how your rv systems work. In cases where your technical abilities may run out you'll be able to discuss issues much better with a service manager I(he/she can become your best friend) and might get some tips on repairing yourself - especially for cosmetic, nonessential repairs - and find out where to resources parts/materials. We've put close to 20k miles on the road this year and we have been very fortunate in only having to replace some oem tires with Saliuns. I constantly check things and service as needed.
azeagleye is offline   Reply With Quote