Thread: 2006 3400RL
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Hi
You have the same model Montana we have only ours is an 05 and we have an 06 GMC 3500 D/A dually long bed crew cab. We went with the long bed mainly for the extra fuel capacity. But also because we have total turning radius. We have used the Montana and our 2 previous fifth wheels for home offices. We do have DirecWay for internet when parked a long while. More and more parks have WiFi and we use it when available. I also use the Mobile Office kit from Verizon for their cell phones. They also offer a high speed from the cell for $60 per month. However this work only if you are getting a signal on your cell phone. Some parks also offer dial up service but it is slow and they charge by the minute usually so can get expensive. At first I was apprehensive about driving the loooong truck. But now I'm use to it and it handles so nice I love it. Sometimes you may have to park way out in the parking lot but so far we've had no problems. We use the 50 amp whenever possible. In the 05 and 06's the 50 amp is not just for the 2nd AC and Washer/Dryer. We've had no problems when we have to hook up to 30 amp, you just can't run a lot of applicances that heat (toaster, hair dryer, etc.). But for the most part there is no problem. After a while you will get use to it. We belong to Good Sam and when we start full timing we will join a couple more mainly Passport America and Escapees. I found these clips that are for fabric cubicles in an office. They have 2 pins that hook into fabric and then a pinch clip. They work great to hook into the valances and hang pictures from them. Office Depot and Staples both carry them. Keep reading the MOC, come to some rallies, ask questions and in no time you will be old pros. (or young ones)
PS- You didn't overdo it on the 1 ton. Our truck does not swat when the Monty is hooked up and we have tons of power going up mountains. So we don't need any of the add-ons.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote