View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #18
jswharton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10100
We got our 3100 on October 26th and are heading out on a 10 day maiden voyage over Christmas. Re really like the open layout,separate bath and the length. We're in TX do the 2 air conditioners were must have and while we thought the fireplace was an extra that would just take up space, it adds a lot to the feel.

We traded in a 40' Cameo, really nice unit, but was really over the top for us, it was heavy, and plusher than our house. Made me worry too much. Towing the 3100 is a breeze. We transferred 2 lifeline batteries (300ah) and the G614 tires from the Cameo to the Montana. I too hop on counter and slide thru to get to the refer when the slides are in. Haven't tried it but you can lock the 2 other slides and just open the DS slide.

Our plans are to get a Yamaha 2000 generator and inverter. Not sure where/how to put an inverter because the power center is by the entry door and the batteries are in the front. Still trying to figure out how long it would take to charge the batteries and may look at some type of solar depending on how often we are without electric hookups.

Have not been able to exactly determine how the 93 gal of grey water is split between the 2 tanks. It appears that the grey tank for the shower is the same size as the black tank (50 gal) so that would make the galley 42 gal. The black and shower tanks are side by side. I measured the tanks, the best I could, and would seem logical, so when they were building it would make it easier.

I'm retiring at the end of 2013 and like Skeeters will spend several months out, running away from the TX summer heat!

Enjoy the journey, it's fun, and wishing you the best.

Scott & Fran
jswharton is offline   Reply With Quote