View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 06:35 AM   #11
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Starmaster

TLightning,

Two 60 watt bulbs will use more electricity than you might be aware of. That's 120 watts, 24 hours a day, 30 days a month. If your electricity is 15 cents/kwh; that comes to: .12kw x 24hours x 30days x $.15 = $12.96/month. If you have the bulbs on a thermostat so they come on and go off as needed, it could be much less. At ~ $3.50/ gal, RV antifreeze would be less expensive, but it is a little more of a hassle than the light bulbs.

How do you winterizing the rest of your 5er? Blow out with air, antifreeze, electric heater, run propane furnace, or ......?

Sometimes those hidden electric costs sneak up on us when we have things turned on for extended periods of time. I know we spend "plenty" keeping the Christmas lights lit. But that does make DW happy, and you know what they say about that!
I put two light bulbs where ever I need protection against freezing. They are only on when freezing temps are forecast. I appreciate your concern over the costs, but power comes free with my parking space.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote