View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #49
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Curiosit question ---

I have to ask - wht do some folks seem to have tire problems? Bad karma? I've towed probably in the neighborhood of 125,000 miles around the US and Canad and have had two flats, both valve stems - one was a loose core, the other broke off and neither were while on the road. While we don't boondock, we don't always travel the best roads either. The truck spare, this as well as the last, never have been used in 215,000 miles
In my case both times I was reading the tire which said 65 lbs. as the max. The second guy that changed in VA told me I should run min of 80lbs. Both blowouts came on different legs of the same trip after the rig sat in one spot for nearly a year thru the summer in GA. I blamed it on a combination of operator ignorance and rubber fatigue. Tires were in their fifth year at the time, but showed almost no tread wear. Shortly after I traded that rig for our current Monty with G grade. I run at 110 minimum and now also have a TPMS. I watch them go up to nearly 130 sometimes on the road and don't worry unless one is below 110 then I go into action.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote