Thread: Cable TV hookup
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Ah yes, as they say, a day late and a dollar short, for us! Three weeks ago, first time use of a campground cable system, we went through the same routine of finding out about that "little" switch in the closet of our '07 3400, and how all the cables were routed. The owners manual mentioned it, but was rather ambiguous about it.

However, after messing around with the TV in the entertainment center, I still couldn't get things to work right. What it turned out to be is the TV itself. Our 3400 a "show" model, so the TV was upgraded to a newer digital flat screen LCD, Viewsonic is the brand. What I discovered, after the digital transition, is that Viewsonic has TWO inputs on the back, Yes, TWO coax inputs. One is used for "TV" (analog) input, and the other input is for the digital antenna (rooftop) input. When I was on the cable, I had to switch the input to the "TV analog" input, and then on the menu screen select "cable" for the source. Worked GREAT. Now, if I want to use the rooftop antenna, I have to change the input back to the "digital" input on the back of the TV, then go to the menu screen and change the setting to "DTV" and it works fine after that.

First TV I have EVER delt with that had TWO separate inputs like that. I'm considering changing out the TV for one with a single input, which the DTV (Sylvania) in the bedroom has! Again, we have the VIEWSONIC brand TV that has the separate inputs.

Perhaps this will help someone else. Took me two days to figure out all the stuff I had to do to watch the "news".......!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote