View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
One problem that some have reported is that when one of the "Old World Craftsmen" drills out the hole, with a hole saw, to connect pipes going into the tank, the plastic disk that should be discarded has ended up in the tank. If this happens, the disk will eventually find its way to the outlet end of the tank and will restrict flow out of the tank.

All tanks should have a "rush" of fluid to the drain outlet; part of this rush creates a venturi effect which helps to remove sewage from your black tank.

Your black and gray (shower tank) connect with a Y fitting to the drain pipe. Since both are slow, I would suspect a restriction after the Y. This leads me to think that a small (1 1/2 inch disk) may have dropped into one tank and exited the 3" valve and then got hung up on the ridge where the Y glues to the straight pipe. Just a hunch, but worth looking into. I guess one way to check would be to put a small video camera in a plastic zip lock bag and by securely attaching to a flexible spring rod, you could push it up the drain pipe and then check? Just an idea.

And, welcome to the forum!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote