Thread: Tote-an-Stor
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 04:14 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Question for those of you using these tanks. The capacity is less than your 38-gallon tank. You use a short sewer hose to connect the tank to the rig's dump valve, right? So what happens when that tote tank is full and backs up into the sewer hose? I guess with gray water this is not all that big a deal but if you're using it to dump the black tank.... well, that might get a bit messy. So I'm interested in how you deal with this.

We had a 22-gallon blue tote tank for several years when we were weekending/vacationing. I carried that thing in the truck bed a number of times but only used it once. And that time the little sewer hose that came with it split and made a mess (gray water). I found it a bit unwieldy to use but maybe that's because I was inexperienced with it. I finally sold it. I can see it having value for those who boondock or have no sewer hookup for more than a few days. It just didn't work out as something we really need for the way we use our Montana. But it's something I'll reconsider if we ever decide to start boondocking. And if fuel prices keep going up and the stock market down, then that just might become a reality some day!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote