View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #26
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobsals

Greetings, as long as the SRW towing capicity is within specs, I see no reason to go with it. I agree with all the reasons for a DRW stated here by others for an exceptionally heavy unit. I think you are well within the capabilities of a SRW. We tow a 324RLQ with our F-250SD PSD SB SRW and have no problem at all. We are at the tow limit of the vehicle and feel no instability at all. We check for proper inflation of all tires before leaving and periodically check durring the trip. I run the TV rear tires at maximum as stated in the OM. Again, as others, your decision. You need to go with what you feel comfortable with. Good luck
As has been stated on here before, towing capacity is not the issue. Any diesel pick up of any size will "tow" any Keystone product. The problem with a 3/4 ton diesel is the lack of ability to carry the pin weight of a Montana/Mountaineer. With your GW of 12,500 and the normal 20% for pin weight at 2,500...you'll find that weight alone (not counting everything else in your truck) will exceed the cargo carrying capacity. Look at the Tire and Information Loading Information sticker on the left side of the door frame, it will list the cargo capacity for that truck...you won't like what it says.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote