View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I'll post a couple of suggestions and hopefully others might agree this is something you should look into:

* You don't mention what hitch you will be using but might I suggest a B&W type hitch - the kind that removes when not in use to leave your bed flat for other uses. Otherwise you'll have hitch's bed rails to contend with that interrupt the front to back flatness. I did not know about this possibility and took what the dealer offered and the bed rails always seem to be in the way.

* Go the MOC home page and click on the "RV related" links at the bottom and look for a PDI checklist. This list will be especially helpful to ensure your pre-owned rig has no major problems. Hopefully the dealer will work with you on this.

As for your already listed points, it's easy to check for the W/D prep. As mentioned by HamRad look in the closet for the hot & cold hose bibs, and the drain fittings(?) and lastly, check for a single dedicated 20amp outlet in the same area of the closet and then you can consider the rig is W/D prepped. Otherwise it's not prepped especially if you have to go in the walls to do this. You can verify the outlet by taking the cover off the electrical panel and look for the 20 amp W/D circuit breaker. All of this should be very obvious. It can be done, but will require some work running the electrical and the plumbing and drain lines.

I also agree with the air bags, wait and see if you need them before wasting the money. Duallies have much stronger suspensions than SRW and you might not need them. Keep in mind, if you decide to go with air bags they DO NOT increase your weight rating but they do improve the ride and aspect (headlight aim), but as mentioned before you may not need them.

Let us know what fridge you find to fit in the basement. Finding an outlet might be tricky, especially if you need 20 amp. Check in the basement. The side walls are usually held on with clips and can be removed. In there, my rig has a couple of outlets used for converters and other 110v items but I've never tried to plug in a small fridge.

Congrats on the new rig. It sounds like you have some fun projects already to get it to what you like. Welcome to the forum.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote