Thread: Weight Question
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would also like not to post on this subject and I try not to till I see one of those Don't worry about it just load it up and pull in response to a question a poster is asking who knows little or nothing about the subject. All this rhetoric about is it legal or not,Can we prove that someone has been sued for being over weight is completely irreverent. The issue is simple....The sticker on the truck is a statement by the manufacturer as to the specifications and ratings of their truck.. period..simple as that. We are within those manufacturers ratings or we are not..simple as that. I am sure that there have been court cases based on those ratings. That I don't personally know of one does not mean it has not happened ..It means that I do not care to take the time to research the subject. I will let the legal system take care of what they mean or don't mean.But as our Attorney says.. Rich..If I have to represent you in a court case please do me a favor and don't make it hard for me.I do my part by choosing to stay within the manufacturers ratings. When a poster asks a question concerning weights we should let them know where the rating are,,what they mean and perhaps a link or two where they can do some research.
Every time I see a Don't worry just pull it post I will reply with "the sticker on the truck is a statement by the manufacturer as to the specifications and ratings of their truck.."

My truck and camper remain in my signiture..I don't mind..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote