View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 08:27 AM   #9
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave Anderson

Hi All; Because I could only get 12 gal. of water into or out of my water tank,this week, I pulled the bottom sheeting. surprise,surprise!!! To begin with ,you'r right the tank is semi- free floating, (not strapped)or closly blocked. then the big reason for my problem was the angle iron-TIN! was soooo thin it had buckled in three places(sagging) and allowing the three cross-members also to sag createing one HUGH bulge IN THE BOTTOMOF THE TANK!!!
First, I replaced the angle iron with somegood heavy stock, then added an extra cross-strap,thenput a peace of 1/2" plywood under the tank to make the bottom flat.(I even elevated the far end to allow good drainage). I was really dissapointed in the quality of workmanship and materials,I know this little exercise would have cost me 1500 to 2000 at some dealers,but VERY interesting to see whats under that shiney black belly! Regards, DAVE
Wow!

I know that I had seen where other people on this forum had enhanced the brackets holding the fresh tank in place but I had no idea it could be this bad.... Your description is quite interesting to me because I feel that I'm not getting 60gal out of ours. It acts like (judging by filling the grey tank) that I get only a little over 40gal out of it.

I'll have to accelerate my plans to drop the belly pan.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote