Thread: Pulling in CA
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #23
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandC View Post
Sorry, just wasn't able to let this one go. He lives in Aurora ILLINOIS, just as his profile says....northern part of that great State. I'm not sure if he is in one of the "collar" counties around Chicago that has smog inspections or not, but I am sure he would know that himself.
Oops, my bad!!! Too many Auroras to keep track of. But even Illinois has smog requirements and Aurora in Kane County (Zip Code 60505) is one of 9 counties potentially subject to mandatory smog inspections.

Quote:
<snip> However, anyone that won't admit that most of CA has horrible pavement, higher diesel prices, lower quality diesel, and heavy traffic...
</snip>
Does CA have some bad pavement? You bet. So do many other states (been on I-10 outside New Orleans recently?). It all has much to do with crumbling infrastructure (but that will be fixed shortly ). Some would argue CA diesel quality is higher. CARB requires a Cetene level of 45 over the fed standard 40. Traffic is admittedly heavier in the big populated cities. The same can be said about Chicago, Atlanta, New York, Denver, Seattle, etc. Get away from them and traffic is not an issue. As for diesel fuel price, it is close to, if not cheaper, than OR and WA. The recent passage of SB1 will change that however.

Quote:
IMHO there are about 3 or 4 places that are a "must see" in CA. Been there, done that, won't be back.
Only 3 or 4 places are "must see"? OK, that's what you think. Others don't agree. It is your choice to visit or not. If fuel and traffic are someone's greatest concerns, then CA is not the place for you.