Thread: Slides stop,
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
JohnG3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1972
Slides stop,

I've searched and read the posts regarding the electrical/amp draw issues with the slides stopping and have a question: Our 2009 3485SA slides would go out one at a time starting with the bedroom, then the entertainment, then the couch/dinette. The bedroom slide would reach the end of it's travel before the entertainment slide started it's movement. That would come to the end of travel then the third slide would start it movement. Slide out switch on the whole time

The slides stopping issue began happening when the entertainment started going out when the bedroom was about half way out. The couch/dinette slide would go out at the same time to about 4 inches and stop. The entertainment slide would then stop about half way out. Then just as the bedroom slide reached the end, the couch/dinette slide would start moving again. The entertainment slide would get close to all the way out, then the couch/dinette slide would start moving out.

The circuit breaker would stop the works at various times during the process. Never seems to be in the same spot.

My question: Could there be something in the hydraulic system causing the overload? I'm thinking that if the slides will run in and out all the way one at a time when new, would a seal that is worn or leaking by in the diverter valve allow the fluid to try to push the extra weight of the additional slides cause the motor to overload?
JohnG3 is offline   Reply With Quote