View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
This is not terribly uncommon and is relatively easy to fix. Flapping and bouncing in the wind eventually causes the end of the awning to slide a little in the track on the roller. Then when it is retracted, it rolls up slightly crooked pulling the arms off center with the wall support bracket.

It takes me more time to figure out which way the awning has slid than to correct it. I *THINK* (don't trust this with out checking) that when rolled up, the exposed end of the awning (not covered by the rest of the rolled up material) is the part that has to be moved towards the rest of the rolled up awning mass (clear as mud eh?). Moving the awning in the slot is done by getting on a ladder on the side of the awning end which you want the material to move towards. Grab the awning material by the hanging flap and end of the material and pull towards you while bracing your body against the awning arm. A little movement is usually what is required. Roll it up and check how well it worked. Readjust as necessary. I put a felt tip marker line on the roller where the end of the material should be once it is aligned for next time.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote