View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #15
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Dick and Patty,

As I recall, that day when you brought your unit to Lippert, we completely replaced your pump. I don't recall what type of breaker is there to protect the pump motor. But, generally, it is a 50 amp 12 volt auto reset breaker. Those will, if they are popped often enough, fail. If Dick did indeed have to reset the breaker manually and now the pump works, it would be interesting to know what size it is. In otherwords, how many amps is it rated for? They are generally marked on the sides, somewhere.

There are several things I would do.

First, make sure ALL connections are snug. Especially chassis grounds. There are 2 of them. At the battery and at the solenoid switch on top of the pump motor. The large lug sticking out the side of the switch where the green and yellow wires are connected to the spades on each side of it is what you are looking for. Use an open end wrench at both ends of that ground wire and loosen it a quarter or half a turn and then snug them back down. But, be carefull. You don't need to use 2 men and a gorilla to tighten them.

Next, if that circuit breaker is a 50 or 60 amp manual reset, I would install a 70 or even an 80 amp 12 volt.

Tightening the connections and making sure the fresh ground connections or, changing the breaker will most likely fix the problem.

While you are right there, don't forget to check the fluid level in the reservoir of the pump. With the rooms in, the fluid level should be up there about 1/2" from from the bottom of that yellow cap.

Any questions, you know where I am.

You all have a good evening!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote