View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Quote:
quote:Lonnie ,,, would you put them on your truck or stay on the bf goodrich as i have 20" tires sailer
Unfortunately John, the XPS Rib is only available in about 2 sizes, and 20 inch isn't one of them. Would I put them on my truck? If I stayed on pavement all the time I might consider them, but I spend way too much time off road in mud and snow, and the rib tread tire doesn't have near the traction I need. Besides, they aren't available in my size either, LT265/75R16. Only LT235/85R16, and LT245/75R16 that I am aware of.

Quote:
quote:I used to run Goodyear Wranglers on my truck for years until a friend showed me how well the Michelins wear. I'm getting 50,000+ miles on my tires and only replace them because of age, not tread wear. For the rig, ask Lonnie. He and I both have the same Bridgestone tires on our Montanas and they are holding up better than any other brand of tire I've run on the rig in the over eight years of full timing. When I'm talking about full timing, I'm talking about a lot of travel. Except for this past year, recovering from back surgery, we are on the road almost continually. By that I mean we are going from place to place and only staying about two weeks in one area.

Orv
Tuesday of this week I had the opportunity to see a set of Bridgestones I installed on a Montana in March of this year. It belongs to Grant, Kathy, and Raider the Wonder Dog (BirdingRVer). The tires have around 15000 miles on them if I remember right (maybe 18000), on roads from Texas to Arizona, California, Canada, Alaska, then back down through the Southern US. We removed the tires to pack wheel bearings and check the brakes, which gave me the opportunity to give give them a very thorough inspection. They still looked new, with no signs of damage anywhere, and no unusual wear.
This is why I run them on my trailer, and why I have recommended them to several others. I also run Bridgestones on my truck.

LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote