View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
Slufoot733
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9928
I came down with shingles one year ago. Started with a welt on top of my head. Two days later (April 1st ) I ended up in the hospital with shingles all over the right side of my face/forehead. It caused severe swelling in my right eye socket that pushed my eyeball out of place. I was so cross-eyed I could almost see behind me! And the pain/tingling ran down the right side of my neck. Every time I turned my head it felt like someone was hitting me with a Tazer just below my ear. I had double vision for three months with the Tazer pain the whole time. Lots of meds later and it finally cleared up. However, a year later and I am still having vision problems in my right eye. SO, please, get the shot. Doctors told me I came within a nats breath of loosing my sight in my right eye.

Also, for anyone who has NOT had chicken pox, I do not believe you get the shot as it may give you chicken pox. AND you can catch them from someone who has shingles. And it will not be fun. Chicken pox brought on by exposure to someone with shingles can be severe, especially in adults. So do not think you are safe because you escaped having chicken pox when you were a kid. If you come down with chicken pox as an adult it can be very dangerous. And this is especially important for young ladies who are, or may become pregnant. It can cost the life of the baby. Seek a medial professional for specifics. DON'T MESS WITH THIS, get the shot.
Slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote