View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
electryc_monk
Established Member

M.O.C. #9362
Send a message via Yahoo to electryc_monk
@ Hamrad & Racerjoe & sreigle the dump mouth which the grey and blk water tanks empty through will fill with over 10 gallons of grey-ish water mix from the kitchen and the sink/shower in the course of a day when were where out --13y/o, 11 y/o, 5 y/o and 2 y/o plus my better-half and me. Now the two pre(ish) teens are the mega H2O users(game over I know but, this is how I figured out theres an issue).

There are two T-handles with black and grey labels on them and the blk appears to totally seal but, not 100% sure. The grey one seemed to seal on tests but, upon use of kitchen sink or shower or bath sink the main drain tube mouth will quickly fill up with upwards of 5+ gallons quickly when the kitchen sink is used.

Sorry if this is confusing, I've tried to be edit conscious before posting from here(home).

I was unaware of more then one greywater tank? The Galley grey tank???

When the issue surfaced last fall I was thinking to self -"I've gotta figure out about the insulation to solve this problem; and while I'm at it I want to put in some redundancy protection and add a creature comfort tidbit or two along the way.

1.) The clear-lexon "drain tube section" (when I get an RV after college)has been in my mind ever since seeing the clear glass drain pipes in the chemistry bldg on campus.
2.) The "Gate valve" as a last stage so no surprises await you upon removal of the cab for the flexi-drain pipe (rolls eyes) is also a "wanted to install in the winter/spring" too althought admittedly *IT* wasn't named on the wish list it was just in the mind.
3.) I had also thought of maybe making a "access panel" A-la my day's in the Navy when I used to fly in H-3's and H-60's (gotta love a access door on a huge section of aircraft skin to do your pre-flight).
4.) I sure other things will slide in here as time permits. right?

I do plan on heavy datamining via search soo. I gotta admit that I am a faster learner from a few pictures then a book of data.... I'm a visual learner. That's my style I'm best at.... Now I'm not knocking all the text out there... I know I can sift with the best of them(i'll humbly assume) and get some good nuggets; unfortunately when I was a single guy in college I could afford to loose a couple extra hours of sleep one night for research and be fine.... now-adays my better-half can't really fall asleep until I'm in bed... so me(the productive night owl) has to figure out how to be multiplicatively productive during the daylight hours when she and the boy's(who are supposed to be home schooling) are up and doing stuff too. Wish *that* was a class in college!
electryc_monk is offline   Reply With Quote