View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Patty,
We have had GS for years and up until last September never had to use it.
Last Summer we had gone west and were on our return east without incident. That is until we reached Iowa. Just west of Davenport we had a flat with one of the infamous Mission tires. Called GS. While replacing the right rear the mechanic noticed our left rear was about to go. He put on the spare and we limped the 9 miles to their tire shop and replaced both rear tires.
We continued our trip to Goshen IN and the fall rally. Leaving Goshen we headed south for Florida. Stayed in Louisville, KY the first night. Got up the next morning to find the right front Mission was flay. Again called GS. It was at this point I decided to get rid of the left front as well.
After pulling out of Louisville a day late we once again continued our trip to Florida. Just crossed the Florida line and the TV started acting up. Once again I called GS. A wrecker arrived and towed the TV and Monty back to Dothan AL (about 5 miles) to an RV park where the driver helped us set up the Monty for the night. The driver and I towed the TV about 10 miles to the local GMC dealer. We left the TV and the driver returned me to the RV park. (A little side note, The RV park we were towed to was Pecan Point RV Park. The very first park we stayed in when leaving Florida in the spring was Pecan Point. It also turned out to be the very last park we stayed in upon returning to Florida)
3 calls to GS in less than a month and the only cost to me from GS and the tow companies was nothing, zero, nada, zilch. Yes, I did have the cost of the tires and the worked performed by the GMC dealer.
Will I stay with Good Sam? You bet!!! The other road service companies may be as good but I cannot believe they could be better and the Good Sam people are RV KNOWLEDGABLE. They know the right questions to ask concerning type of RV so as to send the right service truck. All that for 100 bucks a year? You absolutely cannot go wrong with Good Sam.

BB
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote