View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
It has been my experience that bad service will be bad service no matter what the bottom line says. I've always professed, if you don't like your job then get another job for unreasonable customer service personnel. Someone else will be willing to take that job!

It took me over a month to get my refrigerator repaired on my new unit. I bought my 2006 Montana in Mar 2006 (and they were PROFITABLE). The Refrigerator went out on the second trip we took within about 2 months of ownership. We refused to abort our trip and used our portable icemaker running 24/7 for about 5 days to create ice and we turned the refrigerator into a vertical cooler. That sucked because with having to keep so much ice to keep things cool, we were shopping almost daily since fridge room was sparse. On our way home we dropped off our 5er at the dealer and we told them we don't want it back until it's fixed. It took over 6 weeks to get the part we needed and get it repaired. When I picked up the trailer I found out from the service manager that I could have requested a brand new replacement due to "infant mortality" (a failure of a component within 3 or 6 months - I forget) on purchase of a brand new unit. I didn't find this out until after I picked up my 5er after the repair was done and I also found out afterwards Keystone had these in stock. I call that a failure of the service manager not trying hard enough. He was awful at getting back to me even after promising to do so (I would contact him AFTER waiting 2-3 days from when he said he'd give me status. So I blame Keystone for not knowing their policy and the service manager not being enough on the side of the customer.

You can imagine my ire because the last 15 years of my career in Engineering R&D included managing our company's Tech Support department. I would constantly warn my subordinates that if they EVER treated a customer like they were second best that I would kick the crap out of them! I am so glad I had a great team working for me, and we treated the customer as Top Dog.

I hate warranties and insurance but I have both. What can I say? Those businesses are very protective of the money I paid them, so I can borrow it back at exhorbitant interest rates. Capitalism, gotta love it, but there aren't too many better options out there.

Happy camping everyone!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote