View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #35
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Thanks, guys! Yes, Ed. Our axles are 6K We do not have the drop basement in the 2007. I think that's when they went to the 7K axles. My tires are rated differently though. While the Mastercraft Load range E are 3042# @ 80#, same as my original Missions - which you are right - they were at the end of, or past, their lifetime (I just read and article from a tire maufacturer that stated trailer tires had a life expectantcyh fo 3-5 yrs), my Carlisle tires on my front axle are load range E with 3525# load cap @ 80#. All tires are 235/85-16. I have never heard of a load cap of 3525#.
I am confused here Dave, The Mastercraft tires on one axle appear to be LT tires, however the Carlisle on the other axle are an ST Radial tire. They appear to be the predecessor to the new load range "E" ST235/85R16 Radial Trail RH tire which is rated at 3640 lbs @ 80 psi. They also make a load range "F" tire rated at 3960 lbs @ 95 psi.

If I am correct then you have one axle with ST tires and one with LT tires. Not sure that is the best combination. The ST rated at only 65 MPH compared to likely 95 or 105 on the LT's.

Carlisle does have some strange load ratings when compared to other ST tires but I don't think they even make an LT tire.

You might want to check the two letters preceding the 235/85R16 on the Carlisle's.
I am a long way from a tire expert but I don't think I would want that combination of tires and load ratings that you now have.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote