View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #50
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
I haven't thought of sending a picture to the website of Trailer Tires and Wheels, but it sounds like a nice thing to do. I sure did love dealing with them, really great company and I had everything from them less than a week after I called! My 3800RE came with SenDel T04 16x6 wheels that we rated at 3750 lbs and 110psi max. I thought about the G614 tires but Goodyear makes note of needing a wheel size of 16.5 to use them or at least that is what I understood when reading the Goodyear website. And I figured that since I was changing wheel size, why not get something that had more safety margin in its specs. By the way, I towed at 60mph before the second blowout (what a cloud of smoke when each of them went)and the tires were checked before I left Florida. I have an Infared Temperature gun and would measure temps on all tires (truck included) at fuel and lunch stops as well as after pulling into rv parks. The truck consistently measured less than 120F on the sidewalls. The Marathons would usually measure in the 130s range. Once saw 140F, so I took a longer lunch break. The 3800RE also came with the 6 ram LevelUp system which made it easy to change a flat or install the new wheel sets. "Push button, raise one whole side of the trailer in seconds, job done" John