Old 10-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #44
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
Pivot door problem

Pivot door is a problem
Light duty
It is now in need of replacement on our 2017 3950 BR bought sep 16
Dealer problem is another issue on warranty service. Door doesn’t close at bottom without assistance with your foot or a separate pull when outside bathroom.
First problem occurred on 3rd trip from new. Dealer said it was ok no adjustment necessary BS. It knocked the trim off hinge side. Enough it wouldn’t close. I removed trim completely to prevent it from snapping and allowing door to close fully. Dealer just reattached the trim and door still doesn’t close right.
I point this out to service advisor and senior service tech who agreed that it needed replacement. Now my trailer had been at dealer for 6 weeks waiting on a warranty dump valve issue. They screwed up and then call me and ask for dimensions of door. Don’t they have a build list for this model they sold me? I measured for them called back with info. Then dealer calls me back again and wants a photo of door, for what? WTF I blew up at service advisor. I’m 100 miles from dealer each way. When they called this time it was literally as I was leaving for a trip with camper
I was hooked up and everything locked. I’m totally disgusted with dealer and Keystone. I guess RV dealers service customer support is a problem industry wide. No one cares! As long as they make a sale!
Stay way from pivot hinge doors IMO
FiveOfastback is offline   Reply With Quote