View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 06:53 AM   #1
Sally Newberry
Established Member

M.O.C. #18908
Frustrated Newbie

My husband & I purchased our first Montana on 8/20/16. It's a pre-owned 2015 3402RL. The previous owners must've been full timers because this fifth wheel is definitely "used" for it's age. We've had it less than 1 week, haven't even had a chance to take it out for a weekend yet & have found serious problems with it. These problems should have been found during the walk-thru but our walk-thru was a joke. At any rate we have found a crack in the body of the unit right a the corner where a slide meets up against the body. Not sure if it's in the fiberglass or just in the paint (it has full body paint). The day after getting it home we noticed a horrible septic smell. Come to find out the dealer didn't empty the black tank. When my husband hooked the fifth wheel up to the truck to dump the septic at a nearby truck stop he noticed sewer coming out from underneath. Because we live about an hour from the dealer they sent a tech out to inspect our black tank and sure enough it's cracked. We're taking the unit back to the dealer this weekend to have both issues addressed. I'm very frustrated that a Montana that was only used for less than 1 year (previous owners bought it in July 2016 as a 2015 leftover) would have these types of issues. Because we haven't been able to use the camper yet we don't know for sure the the heat/AC work properly. Again, that should have been addressed at the walk-thru. When we take it to the dealer this weekend we'll be sure to have a tech do a proper walk-thru with us before we leave it. I'm just afraid of what we're going to find next. I was pretty confident purchasing a used Montana because it's a "Montana"...known for quality, but now I'm not so sure. I'm very nervous that we won't have it back in time to go camping Labor Day weekend as planned.
Sally Newberry is offline   Reply With Quote