View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 06:15 AM   #5
wecker1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20840
After further research I've found that the inverter has power to it but no AC power output. The puzzling thing is that the status indicator light is green which indicates the inverter is operating "normally", but yet the digital display which should alternately show, measured battery voltage, total AC output power, and/or error code, only flashes the battery input which is now at 12.7V. According to the Magnum Dimensions Owners Manual, Troubleshooting Guide, a condition of "No AC output with a green status indicator light", indicates that the GFCI was tripped. The GFCI on the invertor itself doesn't appear to be working as when you press the test button nothing happens, no clicking or mechanical change. I've checked the GFI in the RV, can only find one in the bathroom, and same thing, can't be tested or reset. Lastly, the wall outlets in the RV have no power...? At this point I'm "assuming" that the invertor is bad and needs to be replaced. Would appreciate any comments or recommended further steps to take before opening my wallet to replace this invertor which is less than two years old.

To recap, everything runs fine on shore-power and the above is only experienced when running on battery power.

The invertor is the original Magnum Dimensions CSW1012 installed by Keystone.

Thanks
wecker1 is offline   Reply With Quote