View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 06:29 AM   #13
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
We had a good visit with our daughter and grand daughter. Erica (GD) turns 21 next month and has grown into a mature, wise for her age young woman.

From Imperial Beach we headed to Oceanside to vist friends. They live in a gated community and were able to obtain permission for us to park our rig in front of their house. We spent 3 days just hanging out.

Next it was up to the LA area for 2 nights. Again to visit friends. We stayed at Valencia Travel Village. Nice park with plenty of grass. Spent a day driving in and around our old stomping grounds in Ventura County.

We headed to Sequoia next. Stayed at Sequoia RV Ranch in Three Rivers. This place is highly over rated. The couple in the site next to us told us the park has new owners who are in the process of upgrading infrastructure and evicting home steaders. Most sites are very, very tight. Very few have 50 amp service. The view of the river is great.

From Sequoia it was off to Yosemite. We arrived here yesterday. We took State Hwy 141 from Fresno to Oakhurst and 49 from Oakhurst to Groveland. I gotta tell you the last 23 miles of 49 is a white knuckle, E Ticket ride! It wasn't until we were well committed to 49 before there was sign advising anything longer than 30 feet take an alternate route. Over cocktails last night, Doris (who did the driving) asked if I had any shoe leather left on the soles of my shoes. She then opened the passenger side of the truck to check the floor boards. We are staying at Yosemite Pines. Its an OK place. Thats it for now.
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote