View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

I think I have decided on an OEM double battery box, an isolator switch, and I think that the existing single vent will suffice. Went to the rig today to try to get the generator started again, filled propane tanks, got there and the battery was dead. Will go back tomorrow with the portable generator to charge the thing and see what happens. The battery being dead has reinforced the decision to go with a two battery (staying with 12v since we don't boondock) system and the isolator switch will let me completely turn the batteries off and preserve the charge. Hopefully tackle the job in the next couple of weeks. Ozz is inspiring me to get back in productive mode with the rig, got a lot to do to get ready for the camping season.
Bingo
Bingo,

Check to make sure your security light is not turned on via remote. The Module draws power right from the battery via 30Amp auto-reset breaker. I the light is turned on via the remote, it will stay on, and it is hard to see in daylight. If on via the remote, it will stay lite, even if the battery disconnection has been turned.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote