View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #13
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Good to know about the Convection Microwave, I bet it pushes the 20 amp draw when it is on high.
Ozz,

Come to think of it, when on 30 Amp Service, we have to turn off some stuff too (mostly the fireplace). Ya the EMS clocks the Convection Microwave around 18-19 Amps.

While we travel, we have the inverter on, and run the refrigerator and the ice machine off the inverter, so we don't have to worry about gas on.

Last summer we were traveling in 98 to 99 degree temperature, stop at Wally World, to pick up some stuff and have lunch. The inverter smelled like it had been working really hard, but everything seem fine otherwise.

We opened the Monty up for lunch, and boy was it nice and cool. We forgot to turn off the AC, so the inverter was running hard for about 4 hours. I should have figured it out sooner, because I monitor the Solar output via wireless router on my PC (now smart phone). The battery voltage started climbing when we first started that morning, but then it started dropping even though the panels were putting out 320 to 400 Watts.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote