View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #14
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I have no experience with Big Foot, but Orv does and he likes his. He has two or more years on them. Compared to the LevelUp by lippert, they are about 1/3 higher priced.

I should let Orv speak for himself, but I remember him saying that his had a hydraulic reservoir and pump at each wheel. The Big foot system has four "feet" while the LevelUp has six, one in front of the wheels and one behind as well as the front legs. The LevelUp operates off one enlarged reservoir and pump which also operates your slide.

Lippert's installer in Goshen is TrailAire. I think TrailAire is now a division of Lippert. Lippert bought this system from the folks that designed it. The designer and his technicians are involved in the installation in Goshen.

If you ever saw it work, you would not be concerned about twisting the frame , etc. I am convinced you get more stresses on your frame while traveling down the road than you get in the two minutes or less it takes the computer to finish its setup process.

After installation, I traveled from Goshen to North Carolina and then from NC to Texas, traveling no more than 250-300 miles per day. So I don't know exactly how many sets ups we did. But all went well and quickly (around a minute after the "auto Level" button is pushed). The only blip was that the rear legs had to be manually rather than automatically retracted when the ambient temperature got around freezing or below. Manual retraction is a matter of pushing a couple of buttons and holding for two or three seconds.

I am very satisfied with the LevelUp experience and the support from the installers. Whatever you decide, I think you will enjoy the leveling system.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote