View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Some questions not to hijack the thread but to gain more information about this item. I do wish I had one and would like to understand any nuances.

1. What do the TST owner's set as the temperature to monitor? Or, in other words, at what maximum value should the temperature be a concern? Or is it a matter that all the temps should be approximately the same and if one increases, then it's a concern.

2. Orv, you got me curious, what temps have you read with your temperature gun? A temp gun sounds like a good tool, but DW doesn't want to hang out the TV to read the RV wheel temps when we are driving...

3. Where and how did you mount the monitor itself (whatever it happens to be)? Is it something you can leave in the TV all the time? Do any of you have it removable?

4. I have heard there are two types of sensors depending on the system selected. One is mounted on the wheel inside the tire so it can't be stolen. And the one I prefer is mounted on the valve stem with some kind of antitheft mount. Are these battery powered? How long does the battery last?

Thanks in advance!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote