View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:27 AM   #14
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
I got in the auto dealer repair business in '70. The pay was based on "flat rate" If the book said the water pump repair paid 1.0 hours. That is what you got paid. If it took you .7 hours you did good. If it took you 1.3 hours you were short.

My shop averaged 100% or better. I had some really good tech's and some that were learning. That is the industry standard for paying tech's.

Warranty has been paid at the same labor rate as retail customer pay since early 80's. The difference is in the time allowance. Warranty is sometimes/usually less than retail, but that is just part of working in a dealership. Don't like it, go work at Firestone or Midas.

There is no way I would have paid for the extra 2 hours. The dealership took the job in as warranty. If they do not like what Keystone is paying, quit doing Keystone warranty.

Not knowing the exact details of the repair, perhaps the dealership needs a person that can either manage the repairs better or do a better job explaining to Keystone why they are due 4 hours....

Jim
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote