View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RidgecrestDad

A while back I had seen information on the site that listed where one could purchase a replacement undercarriage attachment that appeared to allow the spare tire to be moved to, and subsequently lowered, by pulling the spare tire to a side of choice. Additionally, there were two covered (one each side), removable tool/ miscellaneous storage units made of hard plastic (?) for storage that extend out ostensibly after removing a stop. It appeared you remove a storage box and slide the spare to that side for access.

I can't remember the company to search the internet so that I can look for one.

Does anyone have any knowledge of or use the unit I am referring to?

I had to change a tire the other day and climbing underneath the 5er and then sliding 50+ pounds back and forth under the 5er was not easy so this device is sounding promising. Also, it may allow me to place miscellaneous tool weight toward the rear of the 5er to reduce pin weight in the bed of the truck.
I like that idea and will take a look at the link HamRad provided. Meanwhile, I carry a throw rug that I lay on the ground, lower the spare onto it, then pull the throw rug out to get the tire out. Most of the time, though, I call Good Sam ERS and let them do it.

In any case, this might be an area Keystone could look at - moving that spare to a more accessible area.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote