View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
In late December we went with Good Sam ESP. We received the contract a couple of weeks ago and I already forgot who they use. But I can go to any service facility that will agree to their terms, even if they've never dealt with Good Sam before. That does require I have them (or me) contact GS for authorization. However, I was told on the phone and it says in the contract if I need service when the GS office is closed, like on weekends, get the service done and they will reimburse in full. I got the three year contract.

When I got the first quote by email, I said no. Too expensive. Then they sent me a "second chance" which was for the Silver product rather than the Gold one. It was much cheaper but I thought had too many exclusions. I called them with questions and they said my call is "third contact" so they now can offer me a better deal on the Gold. Plus, they had just received the new NADA and my rig's value naturally is less and thus the premium is further reduced. I added a couple of features to the policy and signed the dotted line for a fixed annual premium for three years.

I followed Rich's advice and made sure the contract is "exclusionary." It says, for example, it covers (say the water system, for example) and it says it covers the entire system except for (this list of noncovered items). I like that approach.

We've not yet had a claim and have very little experience with this. But, because of the advice we read in this forum I feel we had the information to make a good, informed decision. I just wish I'd done it before we blew out the black tank!

By the way, on the good sam esp site there is a sample contract where you can see the language for yourself. I don't have the url at hand but can come up with it if anyone wants to know. Email me as I'm not sure when I'll see this thread again. I'm sure there's several good choices besides Good Sam, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote